Lords X uses Version 6.4.6 Basic and 6.2.5 Modern Era Lords of the Earth rule books.
PDF versions for download may be found Lords of the Earth Rulebooks.
The most current draft versions are in a wiki found here: Lords of the Earth Wiki.
A number of changes and clarifications are in force in Campaign X - see the links at the top of this page, especially the Miscellaneous changes.
Tech Level 11 - We are in 3 year turns
Order Sheet: The custom Excel order sheet can be found here: 000_X_NAME.xls
There are comments on this order sheet which are helpful hints only - they are not the rules.
Subject line for your orders: <Turn Number>_X_<Position Name> Turn Orders.
So, Baltica's orders would be entitled "110_X_BALT_ Turn Orders".
Your results should arrive like "Lords X - Turn 110 Results - BALT_".
Transition to Version 6
A few house rules have been eliminated and new ones created as we transition to the new rules.
Here is the list of major changes I see. The full list is on the Miscellaneous rules page.
- Dockyards are required to build EW / FW / HW / HFW units.
- "As the Necho’s Canal route cannot be upgraded to allow the passage of Heavy and Super-Heavy ships, the Suez Canal will have to be cut between Red Sea and Gulf of Cyprus."
- Sea Zones will need to be on your stat sheet in order to trade through or move through safely.
- "The Merchant House opening (or accepting) a cartel trade route (Merchant Sea Trade - MST) must have a Branch Office status or better in the Port of Origin of both the Cartel and the Target nation."
Merchant Houses had until the end of Turn 110 to conform to this new rule.
- 220.127.116.11 Consecrate Cathedral "A Cathedral can be established from a Monastery in a city so long as the Holy Site is within the Church’s Action Range from the Holy City or another Cathedral."
The Roman Catholic Church may disband the Cathedral in Latium for full GP and NFP, which can be used for other Sites and Projects (but not mobile forces). At the end of Turn 112 it will be downgraded to a monastery with GP/NFP used to build it put into the RCC treasury.
- Half of all Unused fleets will disappear at the end of each turn they began the turn Unused, even if you shuffle them to other cities to still be Unused, or if you put them in a city that's already at or will be over capacity.
- "All the land regions forming the Trade Route must be controlled (at Non-Paying Tributary or better status) by one or the other of the two trade partners." BR 5.2.1 - this rule is changed in Lords X. Tributary or better is needed.
- "MSP is created by building transport vessels and assigning them to given Trade Routes, and via HOT."
- Primacies may now transfer money to/from any nation they have a Tithe on.
- Project Recruitment requires Tech 12+, even for Merchants.
- Banks are only for Open Nations.